If you are planning to attend a try-out for a Moccasin athletic team, you must complete the following items:
- Print out the Try-Out Questionnaire and Waiver Form and fill it out.
- Print the Preparticipation Physical Form and obtain a physical from a General Physician before coming to campus – physical must be within the last six months
- Athletic Training will need a FRONT and BACK copy of your insurance card.
- If you have had a sickle cell test performed, Athletic Training will need those results. If you do not wish to have a sickle cell test performed – please read and sign the Sickle Cell Waiver Form.
- All paperwork will need to be brought to the Athletic Training Room and an Athletic Training screening and paperwork review will be done by one of the Athletic Trainers.
- Preparticipation Physical Form
- Sickle Cell Waiver Form
- Try-Out Questionnaire and Waiver Form
- Athletic Training Services Handbook
- FSC Alcohol and Drug Prevention Program
- FSC Secondary Insurance Information
- Visiting Team Information
- The Athletic Training Medical Staff
- NCAA Summer Drug Testing Form
ATHLETIC TRAINING INFORMATION LINKS
- Concussion Education
- Heat Illness Education
- Skin Disease Education
- Asthma and Exercise-Induced Asthma Prescription Drug Letter
- ADHD Prescription Drug Letter
- Athletic Training Links
The goal of athletic training services is to keep each student-athlete healthy and injury free. In the case of injury or illness, the staff will provide quality medical care enabling the student-athlete to return to participation both as a student and an athlete.
The athletic training staff is comprised of four nationally-certified and state-licensed athletic trainers. Florida Southern College also has an athletic training education program. Athletic training students from the program assist the staff athletic trainers in daily operations of the athletic training facility. The athletic training facility is located in Jenkins Field House. The facility is well equipped to provide treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
The FSC sports medicine team is comprised of two orthopedic team physicians and consulting physicians in several specialties. All of these professionals work together to meet the student-athlete’s health care needs.
Al Green MEd., ATC, EMT
Associate Athletic Director
Head Athletic Trainer
Cell Phone: (863) 670-4311
Office Phone: (863) 680-4267