PRACTICE TIMES ... Please contact the respective FSC coach to schedule practice times at Florida Southern.
LOCKER ROOMS/SHOWERS ... Locker rooms will be assigned to visiting teams (basketball, soccer, softball, tennis, and volleyball) upon arrival at Jenkins Field House. Baseball and lacrosse teams will be assigned locker rooms at Henley Field and Bryant Stadium. ALL TEAMS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN SHOWER TOWELS.
TICKET PRICES ... General Admission ticket prices for all Florida Southern regular season athletic events are $5 for adults and $3 for Seniors, Military and visiting students. Youth (ages 12 and under) are admitted free of charge ... Reserved seating for basketball is limited to season ticket holders only ... FSC faculty, staff and students are admitted free to all home events with a valid Moccasin ID. Group tickets are available at discounted prices.
PASS LIST POLICY ... No pass list or reduced admission passes will be accepted for visiting teams, unless otherwise stated in the competition contract agreement.
EVENT PARKING ... Team vehicles may drop off teams on Ingraham Avenue (in front of the ROTC Building) and then may park in the main lot on Frank Lloyd Wright Way by Roux Library or other designated location. Team vehicles dropping teams off at Henley Field and Bryant Stadium may drop teams off at the fields. The drivers will be informed where to park
RESTAURANT GUIDE ... Below is a list of FSC food sponsors. Mention you are a visiting team for potential discounts.
OFFICIAL HOTEL OF THE MOCS (Area Code 863)
The Terrace Hotel - 688-0800 (Toll free 888-644-8400), 329 East Main St. (Downtown Lakeland, closest to FSC), Contact - Bruce Dunbar or Isabelle Cyr (603-5408), email@example.com
Directions: If exiting off Polk Parkway (Exit 7), turn north onto Florida Ave. Go approximately 3.5 miles to Main Street and turn right. The Terrace Hotel is three blocks east on the right at the corner of Main and Massachusetts. If coming from I-4 or Highway 98, stay on Florida Ave. heading south for approximately 3.5 miles to Main Street and turn left. The Terrace Hotel is three blocks east on the right at the corner of Main and Massachusetts. Parking is available on the south side of the hotel off of Massachusetts.
MEDIA SERVICES ... The office of athletic communications at Florida Southern has wireless acceess, fax machine and phone line access for events at Jenkins Field House (men's and women's basketball and volleyball) and nearby Barnett Field (men's and women's soccer and softball - both with covered press boxes and access to power). There are no post-game facilities at historic Henley Field (baseball), and there is a press box (no phone lines or internet is available) situated atop Bryant Stadium (men's and women's lacrosse). Both Henley Field and Bryant Stadium (which are located off-campus) have covered press boxes with access to power, but no internet or phone lines are available (must use cell phones for radio at both venues) ... Visiting SID and/or official scorers are asked to sit at the scorer's table or in the press box ... If opponent SID is not accompanying their team, FSC Athletic Communications will email the final game file, box score and game release to opponent SID following the conclusion of the event.
MORE MEDIA SERVICES ... Game notes, programs and updated cumulative statistics will be distributed to the media and visiting SIDs prior to each home contest ... Complete final statistical books will be available at the conclusion of all all home FSC athletic events. This information can also be obtained through our website at www.fscmocs.com.
MEDIA CREDENTIALS ... Please contact the office of athletic information at least 24 hours in advance of the event at (863) 680-4256 ... All passes will left the ticket table at the venue where the event is being held ... Seating is limited on the press row tables and press boxes. (Athletic Communications Contacts)
RADIO/VIDEO /TV BROADCASTS ... FSC provides a courtesy phone line in Jenkins Field House for radio broadcasters to use for volleyball and basketball ... A rights fee of $50 (commercial) and $25 (non-commercial) is charged to non-SSC schools wishing to broadcast ... There are no courtesy phone lines available at Henley Field (baseball), Bryant Stadium (lacrosse) or Barnett Field (softball and soccer) ... All line charges are the responsibility of the visiting broadcast station. Athletic communications will coordinate all broadcasts, please notfity them 72 hours in advance.
LIVE STATS ... FSC has partnered with StatBroadcast® Systems for the 2016-17 school year to StatBroadcast® Live platform to simulcast live stats of its athletic events on the web and mobile devices ... FSC will provide live in-game statistics for home events held in Jenkins Field House (volleyball and men's and women's basketball), Barnett Field (softball and men's and women's soccer), Henley Field (baseball) and Bryant Stadium (men's and women's lacrosse) ... Along with providing live stats at home events, StatBroadcast® will also allow FSC to stream its live stats data on web-enabled cell phones and devices, including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and iPad ... The live statistics through StatBroadcast® can be accessed in a variety of ways and are listed below:
Central Hub for all games: http://mocslive.com
For mobile platforms: http://mocsmobile.com/
ATHLETIC TRAINING SERVICES INFORMATION
The Florida Southern College Athletic Training Staff is looking forward to your visit to our campus. Our staff will be available to assist you and your team with your athletic training and medical needs.
- A certified Athletic Trainer will be present for all home hosted events/competitions.
- The athletic training facility is located on the first floor of Jenkins Field House.
- The athletic training facility is equipped with modalities, emergency equipment, and athletic training supplies.
- Each team will be provided with water, cups, ice/ice bags.
- Each team is required to bring bench and shower towels.
- Available emergency equipment includes AEDs, stretchers, crutches, and vacuum splints.
- Arrangements will be made for necessary medical procedures.
- The FSC athletic training facility will be available to provide treatments for your student-athletes. Please call ahead to coordinate treatment times.
- Only basic treatments (ice/hydrocollator packs) will be given to a visiting student-athlete unless we receive a written protocol from your staff detailing the type of treatment to be rendered
TRAVELING WITHOUT AN ATC:
- Please notify us in advance if there will not be an ATC accompanying your team so we can make the necessary arrangements to provide the additional coverage.
- Please send all necessary athletic training supplies.
Please send student-athlete insurance information with your coach.
- Please make sure your coach has the FSC athletic training contact information.
OFF CAMPUS EVENTS:
- There are no athletic training facilities at Bryant Stadium or Henley Field.
- If the sporting event is held off campus, the above athletic training services will still apply.
- Please contact the athletic training staff if an ATC is not traveling with your team.
- Please send treatment protocols if ATC is not traveling with your team.
- Please send the necessary athletic training supplies to prepare your team for competition.
- Please notify us if we can assist you with any special needs during your stay.
- Please bring your own bench and shower towels.
- Please send student-athlete insurance information with your coach.
SPORTS MEDICINE DIRECTORY: (863-680-4267)
- Al Green, Head Athletic Trainer (firstname.lastname@example.org) – (863)-670-3754
- Reggie Mungrue, Associate Athletic Trainer (email@example.com)
- Emily Buerger, Associate Athletic Trainer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gayle Olson, Assistant Athletic Trainer (email@example.com)
- Andy Gonzalez, Assistant Athletic Trainer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cheryl Hairston, Assistant Athletic Trainer (email@example.com)
- Kiera Robertson, Assistant Athletic Trainer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
EMERGENCY NUMBERS (Area Code 863)
- FSC Campus Safety - Non-Emergency 680-4125
- FSC Switch Board - 680-4305
- Lakeland Regional Health - 687-1100 / 1324 Lakeland Hills Blvd., Lakeland
- Bartow Regional Medical Center - 519-1800 / 2200 Osprey Blvd., Bartow Fla.
- Watson Clinic Urgent Care - 680-7271 / 1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd., Lakeland
The following are FSC food sponsors. Be sure to mention you are a visiting team! (Area Code 863)
|The Chop Shop||126 South Kentucky Ave.||603-4040|
|Cozy Oaks||1201 E. Orange St.||802-8121|
|CupPasta||3800 US Hwy. 98 N.|
|Firehouse Subs||3615 S. Florida Ave. #280||709-1161|
|Fred's Market (buffet or menu, ask for visiting team rate)||2124 Harden Blvd.||603-7080|
|Glory Days||3790 Lakeside Village Ct.|
|Il Forno||3615 S. Florida Ave.||607-6030|
|Jimmy John's||125 N. Kentucky Ave.||688-3118|
|Little Caesar's Pizza (official FSC provider, ask for manager & FSC visiting team rate)||2936 S. Florida Ave.||937-9222|
|Mojo's||1853 E. Memorial Blvd.|
|Subs 'n' Such||1008 S. Florida Ave.||686-9035|
|Taco Bell||3605 S. Florida Ave.|
|Taco Bell||4165 US Hwy. 98 N.|
|Taco Bell||1855 E. Memorial Blvd.|
|Winners Circle||4215 S. Florida Ave.||644-9464|
|Movie theaters located at: Lakeside Village (on Harden Blvd. next to Polk Parkway);
Palm Cinema (on South Florida Ave., just south of the Imperial Swan Hotel)