Position: G Ht.: 6-2 Wt.: 188
Hometown: Pickerington, Ohio
Previous School: Pickerington North HS
Eligibility: Sr. Major: Business Administration
HONORS WON: 2012 Sunshine State Conference Commissioner's Honor Roll.
SOPHOMORE SEASON HIGHLIGHTS (2012-13):
• Played in all 33 games and made 32 starts on the season. Was one of six players to play in all 33 games and one of just four players to start 30 or more games.
• Averaged 4.9 points, 2.2 rebounds and a team-best 3.5 assists per game.
• Led team in assists with 117 and finished the year ranked seventh in the SSC in assists. Recorded 10 games of five or more assists, including a career-high 10 assists in a 96-77 home win vs. Lynn (Feb. 2).
• His 10 assists vs. Lynn were a season-high by a Moccasin player.
• Was second in the SSC in assist-to-turnover ratio at 2.2-to-1, which was ranked 26th nationally in the final NCAA Division II national statistics.
• On the season dished out a total of 117 assists and had just 53 turnovers, including six games without a turnover and 11 games with just one turnover.
• Recorded 33 steals on the season, including a career-high tying 3 on five different occasions, vs. Puerto Rico-Bayamon (Nov. 20), vs. Johnson C. Smith (Dec. 18), vs. Palm Beach Atlantic (Jan. 19), vs. Lynn (Feb. 2) and vs. Florida Tech (Feb. 23).
• Had three double figure scoring games on the year, including scoring a career-high 15 points in the Mocs 95-92 win at Florida Tech (Jan. 26). Also scored in double figures vs. Mary (15) and vs. Eckerd (12) in the semifinals of the SSC Tournament.
• Shot 39 percent (51-of-132) from the field and 37 percent (31-of-85) from the 3-point line. His 31 treys were fourth-most on the squad.
• Recorded five or more rebounds in a games twice as he had 6 at Rollins (Jan. 30) and 5 vs. Florida Tech (Feb. 23).
• In the Mocs seven postseason games, he averaged 5.0 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game and had an assist/turnover ratio of 1.1.
• Scored a total of 22 points, pulled down eight rebounds, dished out five assists and had two steals to help the Mocs win three games and repeat as SSC Tournament Champions.
• In SSC play, he played in 16 games and made 15 starts and averaged 5.1 points, 2.1 rebounds and 3.9 assists and had an assist/turnover ratio of 2.7.
• Averaged 20.8 minutes played per game and was one of seven Moccasins to average over 20 minutes per game.
• Had 21 games of playing 20 or more minutes, including a season-high 29 minutes at Florida Tech (Jan. 26) and at Barry (Feb. 6).
FRESHMAN SEASON HIGHLIGHTS (2011-12):
• Played in all 30 games, starting 20 of them, and was one of three freshmen on the roster to start at least 10 games
• Moved into the starting lineup in the first game of the second semester on January 4, and started every game the rest of the season… Had been averaging 4.4 points per game and 20 minutes per game coming off the bench… Saw his numbers increase to 6.8 points, 4.3 assists and 27.7 minutes after becoming a starter
• Led the team and finished second in the SSC with 3.9 assists per game… His 118 total assists were tops in the SSC… First true freshman to lead the Moccasins in assists since Jerry Johnson in 1984-85
• Also led the SSC in assist-to-turnover ratio at 2.5-to-1
• Third on the team in 3-point field goals (22) and second in 3-point shooting percentage (.361)
• Shot just 50 percent from the line in the first semester, but 79 percent the second semester (33-for-42), a percentage that was second on the team during that span to Seth Evans… Went 8-for-8 in free throw attempts in 77-67 win over Lynn (Jan. 21)
• Made as many as three 3-pointers in a game twice, and was 3-for-4 in 71-67 win at Barry (Feb. 11) when he scored 11 points
• Scored in double figures four times, with all of those games coming after he joined the starting lineup
• Had a season-high 14 points in 85-76 win over Tampa (Feb. 22), going 4-for-6 from the floor, 1-for-3 from long range, and 5-for-6 from the free throw line… Had three other games with 11 points, all of them in conference play
• Pulled down a career-high and team-leading eight rebounds in the 61-58 win over Saint Leo in the SSC Championship Game when he also scored seven points and had five assists (March 4)
• Season-high of nine assists came in 85-84 win over Armstrong Atlantic before he became a starter (Nov. 26)… Had two other games with eight assists coming in conference games against Tampa and Rollins
• Picked up career-high tying three steals in two different games against Rollins, the second one coming in the 77-63 win over the Tars in the first round of the SSC Tournament (Feb. 29)
IN HIGH SCHOOL
(GRAD. 2011)… Joined the Moccasins from Pickerington High School North where he was a four-year letterman for coach Pete Liptrap… Columbus Dispatch Honorable mention All-Metro, First Team All-Ohio Capital Conference, First Team All-District 11, and the District 11 Player-of-the-Year as a senior when he averaged 12.0 points, 3.0 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game and led the Panthers to the OCC championship… Second Team All-OCC and Second Team All-District 11 as a junior… Selected to play in the North-South All-Star Basketball Game following his senior year… Honor roll member all four years in high school… Played AAU basketball for Mac Ohio from 2006-10, coached by Mark McCullough, and for All Ohio from 2007-10, coached by Ed Mills.
Born: May 16, 1993… Son of Joshua and Latricia Kelly… Youngest of four children with two brothers (Terrence-28, Thaddeus-23) and one sister (Tianni-21).
FSC CAREER HIGHS: Points - 15 at Florida Tech, 1/26/13; Rebounds - 9 vs. Armstrong Atlantic, 11/26/11; Assists - 10 vs. Lynn, 2/2/13; Blocks - 1 (2x) last vs. North Alabama, 3/16/13; Steals - 3 (7x) last vs. Florida Tech, 2/23/13; Minutes - 35 at Florida Tech, 2/1/12.