Position: G Ht.: 6-2 Wt.: 185
Hometown: Pickerington, Ohio
Previous School: Pickerington North HS
Eligibility: So. Major: Business Administration
HONORS WON: 2012 Sunshine State Conference Commissioner's Honor Roll.
FRESHMAN SEASON HIGHLIGHTS (2011-12):
• Played in all 30 games, starting 20 of them, and was one of three freshmen on the roster to start at least 10 games
• Moved into the starting lineup in the first game of the second semester on January 4, and started every game the rest of the season… Had been averaging 4.4 points per game and 20 minutes per game coming off the bench… Saw his numbers increase to 6.8 points, 4.3 assists and 27.7 minutes after becoming a starter
• Led the team and finished second in the SSC with 3.9 assists per game… His 118 total assists were tops in the SSC… First true freshman to lead the Moccasins in assists since Jerry Johnson in 1984-85
• Also led the SSC in assist-to-turnover ratio at 2.5-to-1
• Third on the team in 3-point field goals (22) and second in 3-point shooting percentage (.361)
• Shot just 50 percent from the line in the first semester, but 79 percent the second semester (33-for-42), a percentage that was second on the team during that span to Seth Evans… Went 8-for-8 in free throw attempts in 77-67 win over Lynn (Jan. 21)
• Made as many as three 3-pointers in a game twice, and was 3-for-4 in 71-67 win at Barry (Feb. 11) when he scored 11 points
• Scored in double figures four times, with all of those games coming after he joined the starting lineup
• Had a season-high 14 points in 85-76 win over Tampa (Feb. 22), going 4-for-6 from the floor, 1-for-3 from long range, and 5-for-6 from the free throw line… Had three other games with 11 points, all of them in conference play
• Pulled down a career-high and team-leading eight rebounds in the 61-58 win over Saint Leo in the SSC Championship Game when he also scored seven points and had five assists (March 4)
• Career-high of nine assists came in 85-84 win over Armstrong Atlantic before he became a starter (Nov. 26)… Had two other games with eight assists coming in conference games against Tampa and Rollins
• Picked up career-high three steals in two different games against Rollins, the second one coming in the 77-63 win over the Tars in the first round of the SSC Tournament (Feb. 29)
IN HIGH SCHOOL
(GRAD. 2011)… Joined the Moccasins from Pickerington High School North where he was a four-year letterman for coach Pete Liptrap… Columbus Dispatch Honorable mention All-Metro, First Team All-Ohio Capital Conference, First Team All-District 11, and the District 11 Player-of-the-Year as a senior when he averaged 12.0 points, 3.0 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game and led the Panthers to the OCC championship… Second Team All-OCC and Second Team All-District 11 as a junior… Selected to play in the North-South All-Star Basketball Game following his senior year… Honor roll member all four years in high school… Played AAU basketball for Mac Ohio from 2006-10, coached by Mark McCullough, and for All Ohio from 2007-10, coached by Ed Mills.
Born: May 16, 1993… Son of Joshua and Latricia Kelly… Youngest of four children with two brothers (Terrence-27, Thaddeus-22) and one sister (Tianni-20)… Business Administration major.