Palacios earned six first-team All-America honors at the NCAA Division II National Championships, helping lead the Moccasins to a national fourth-place finish. The Madrid, Spain native earned individual honors in the 100- and 200-backstroke and was part of the All-America relay teams in the 200- and 400-freestyle relays as well as the 200- and 400-medley relays.
At nationals, Palacios took the silver medal in the 200-back with a school-record time of 1:43.44. It was the second of his career after earning a silver at the 2016 NCAAs in the 100-back. It was also the third time in his career that he has earned All-American honors in the 200-back.
Palacios set a new FSC standard in the 100-butterfly with a 48.05 in the preliminaries at the Spartan Invitational and was part of the 200-freestyle relay team that set a new FSC standard with a 1:19.77 time at the NCAA Championships.
He was also named to the All-Sunshine State Conference second team and was the SSC Swimmer of the Week for Nov. 7, 2016.
MOCCASIN MOST VALUABLE PLAYERS
- Baseball - Mitch Reeves & Jake Walsh
- Men's Basketball - Michael Volovic
- Women's Basketball - Camille Giardina
- Men's Cross Country - Festus Kemboi
- Women's Cross Country - Allison Wright
- Men's Golf - John VanDerLaan
- Women's Golf - Amanda Gartrell
- Men's Lacrosse - Matt Lalli
- Women's Lacrosse - Emily Santoli
- Men's Soccer - Joseph Ammer
- Women's Soccer - Juliana Guida
- Softball - Erica Morrissey
- Men's Swimming - Marco Palacios
- Women's Swimming - (July 15)
- Men's Tennis - (July 16)
- Women's Tennis - (July 17)
- Men's Track - (July 18)
- Women's Track - (July 19)
- Volleyball - (July 20)
- Men's Water Ski - (July 21)
- Women's Water Ski - (July 22)