MELBOURNE, FL - Luis Jasso had Florida Southern's top finish in the Division II Fall Showcase here Saturday at the Panther Aquatic Center on the campus of Florida Tech. The senior from Monterrey, Mexico placed second in the 100-yard backstroke as the Moccasins concluded competition on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the opening event of the day, the foursome of Brandon Dyck, Luis Jasso, Noah Franz, and Matthew Holmes finished third in the 400-yard medley relay in 3:25.24 with Matias Lopez, Sean Kim, Calvin Giang, and Talor Hamilton were 7th in 3:31.51. Drury won in 3:21.57.
- Holmes placed third in the 200-yard individual medley in 1:55.13 with Jasso taking 10th in 2:00.49. Drury's Young Tae Seo win in 1:52.22.
- Kim came in sixth in the 100-yard butterfly in 52.68 while Giang took 9th in 53.16. Nova Southeastern's Magnus Poulsen took first place in 48.71.
- Franz was fourth in the 100-year freestyle. Florida Tech's Victor Rocha Furtado won in 44.49.
- FSC took third and fourth in the 100-yard backstroke in Dyck and Lopez, respectively. Dyck finished in 52.38 while Lopez came in at 52.59. NSU's Poulsen took top honors in 51.91.
- Jasso came in a close second in the 100-yard breaststroke in 56.27 while Kim was fourth with a 56.88 time. Drury's Andrea Bazzoli was first in 56.25.
- In the final event of the day, Franz, Hamilton, Dyck, and Holmes took fifth place in the 200-yard freestyle relay in 1:25.15. Drury won in 1:22.35.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Drury won the two-day showcase with 872 points, followed by Nova Southeastern (757.5), Florida Tech (641.5), and Florida Southern (588).
- Florida Southern will open its home portion of the schedule against Tampa on Friday, Oct. 27 at the Nina B. Hollis Wellness Center Pool.