ATLANTA — The Women's Basketball Coaches Association announced the WBCA Thirty Under 30 honorees presented by Marriott Rewards® for the 2017-18 season, and Florida Southern College assistant coach Tianni Kelly was one of those named to the prestigious list.
The WBCA Thirty Under 30 presented by Marriott Rewards® program was created to recognize 30 up-and-coming women's basketball coaches age 30 and under at all levels of the game. Each honoree has exemplified their involvement in community service, mentorship, professional manner, and professional association involvement.
"The WBCA is pleased to recognize up and coming talent in our coaching family. The 30 coaches who have been named to receive the Thirty Under 30 Award are deserving of this recognition, and the WBCA congratulates them for distinguishing themselves early in their careers," said WBCA Executive Director Danielle Donehew. "These coaches have demonstrated eagerness, effectiveness, loyalty, love of the game, and a commitment to the student-athlete. We celebrate their effort on the basketball court as teachers and equally applaud the extensive role they play in impacting the lives of their student-athletes.
"2018 has become known as the 'year of the woman' and Marriott is thrilled to recognize 30 highly talented coaches who have also been outstanding members of their communities," said Kieran Donahue, vice president, brand, marketing and digital, Marriott International, Americas. "As we continue the second year as the Official Hotel Partner of NCAA, we are incredibly proud of the accomplishments and bright futures of these exceptional female coaches."
Here are the 2017 WBCA Thirty Under 30 presented by Marriott Rewards® honorees:
- Samantha Allen, head coach, University of Southern Maine
- Katie Baker, assistant coach, Oregon State University
- Katie Bourk, assistant coach, Augustana University
- Janet Butler, assistant coach, Monmouth University
- Christal Caldwell, assistant coach, West Virginia University
- Joy Cheek, assistant coach, Vanderbilt University
- Taylor Coleman, assistant coach, University of Scranton
- Camille Collier, assistant coach, Radford University
- Adria Crawford, assistant coach, College of Charleston
- Alysha Devine, assistant coach, University of Alaska-Anchorage
- Kelly Frings, assistant coach, Drury University
- Stephanie Gehlhausen, assistant coach, Western State Colorado University
- Marcilina Grayer, assistant coach, Salt Lake Community College
- Lauren Hayden, assistant coach, Lynchburg College
- Special Jennings, assistant coach, Flagler College
- Abby Jump, assistant coach, Morehead State University
- Tianni Kelly, assistant coach, Florida Southern College
- Courtney Kust, assistant coach, Hope College
- Natalie Marlowe, assistant coach, University of Texas-Dallas
- Chandler McCabe, assistant coach, Bethune-Cookman University
- Amber Moore, assistant coach, Saint Leo University
- Drew Muscatell, assistant coach, University of Portland
- Katelin Oney, assistant coach, University of North Dakota
- April Phillips, assistant coach, Loyola Marymount University
- Tobias Pinson, assistant coach, Winthrop University
- Travis Ponton, assistant coach, Loyola University
- Sierra Simpson, assistant coach, Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Kayla Tetschlag, assistant coach, University of South Dakota
- Carly Thibault, assistant coach, Mississippi State University
- Jeanne-Marie Wilson, assistant coach, Northwest Kansas Technical College
This is the third year of the WBCA Thirty Under 30 presented by Marriott Rewards® program. Please visit www.wbca.org/recognize/ to see a list of honorees.
About Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 6,500 properties in 30 leading hotel brands spanning 127 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company also operates award-winning loyalty programs: Marriott Rewards®, which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®. For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook and @MarriottIntl on Twitter and Instagram.
About the WBCA
Founded in 1981, the Women's Basketball Coaches Association is the professional association for coaches of women's and girls' basketball at all levels of competition. The WBCA offers educational resources that coaches need to help make themselves better leaders, teachers and mentors to their players; provides opportunities for coaches to connect with peers in the profession; serves as the unifying voice of a diverse community of coaches to the organizations that control the game; and celebrates those coaches, players and other individuals who excel each year and contribute to the advancement of the sport. Visit www.WBCA.org for more details about the Association.