LAKELAND, Fla. - It was a freshman frenzy on Monday night as Florida Southern College esports Rocket League dominated in its bracket semifinal match of the NACE Rocket League Championship, sweeping UT Dallas B in a 3-0 rout. The Moccasins (10-3) pulled out two overtime victories over the Comets (9-4), with freshmen Casey Freudenthal (Kabit) and Isaac Garay (Pranzor6) scoring all nine of the Mocs' goals for the evening. FSC now advances to the bracket final against Aquinas. The match will be broadcasted on the program's Twitch channel at FSCMocs.com/twitch, with the winner facing the victor of the Bracket B final late that night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Moccasins 3 - 2 Comets (OT)
- The Mocs earned a 2-0 lead early, but the Comets pulled back both to tie the match at two and force overtime. Pranor6 scored a kickoff goal three seconds into overtime to give the Mocs a 3-2 game one victory. Pranzor6 scored two goals while Kabit netted one.
- Moccasins 4 - 2 Comets
- UT Dallas scored two goals to lead 2-0 with 2:30 remaining. The Moccasins then scored four unanswered goals on braces from Pranzor6 and Kabit to take game two, 4-2.
- Moccasins 2 - 1 Comets (OT)
- A tight 1-1 match continued into overtime, where FSC scored the game-winning goal 42 seconds into extra time. Pranzor6 and Kabit each tallied a goal as FSC won game three, 2-1, and the match, 3-0.
There will be a watch party for Thursday night's matches in the Snakepit, starting a 8:30 p.m. The winners of the overall semifinal matches on Thursday will meet for an in-person final at DreamHack Atlanta on Nov. 17.