MELBOURNE, Fla. - Florida Southern College women's swimming was able to remain in second place after Day Two of the Panther Invite on Saturday at the Panther Aquatic Center at Florida Tech. The Moccasins ended the day with 213 points, adding 132 points to their total from Friday to remain comfortably in front of Florida Tech (190) but still well behind first-place Rollins (284).
The three teams will finish up the weekend competition with a morning and afternoon session tomorrow at the Panther Aquatic Center.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Florida Southern finished the day with 13 top-five finishes, including four from its relay teams. Mallary Meyer (1st - 57.80) was the lone champion for the Mocs with her win in the 100-yard backstroke. Lanier Whitton (58.68) took second in the same event.
- The Moccasins took third (1:48.27) and fifth (1:49.99) in the 200-yard medley relay, while finishing third (7:51.66) and fourth (7:58.63) in the 800-free relay.
- Kyra Fraser (3rd - 4:36.45) and Annalise Eisold (4th - 4:38.65) turned in top-five finishes in the 400 individual medley, while Sandra Miclaus (2nd - 57.11) and Meyer (5th - 58.31) scored in the 100-yard butterfly.
- Morgan Misenar (1:55.10) took third in the 200 freestyle while Eisold (1:08.02) and Tianna Kosek (1:08.11) took fourth and fifth, respectively, in the 100-yard breaststroke.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Meyer's mark in the 100-yard backstroke is the fastest this season for the Mocs and was just over a second slower than her personal best (56.69), set at the 2018 Sunshine State Conference Championships. Whitton's time (58.68) is the second-best this year for Southern.
- Fraser and Eisold's times in the 400 individual medley are the top times of the year for the Moccasins. Miclaus and Meyer's marks in the 100 butterfly are also the fastest of the season.
- Misenar's time in the 200 freestyle is the team's best individual mark this season, while Eisold and Kosek also set the top two marks in the 100 breaststroke this season.
- Florida Southern will wrap up the weekend with the third and final day of the Panther Invite on Sunday. The Mocs will be off for the better part of a month before competing at the Spartan Invitational in Clearwater from Dec. 16-19.